Pages

Tuesday 27 August 2013

Persuasive writing - Why you should read my Favourite book

In Class we imagined that we were a book seller at whitcoulls. We imagined that a costumer in whitcoulls was looking for a great novel to read, so we persuaded them to read one of our favourite books.

I am not Esther

So imagine your the daughter, your mother tells you that she's going away and you’re left with your relatives who are religious. No television, No radio, No news paper. NOTHING! You have to wear religious clothes, that you don’t want to wear. The book I’m going to explain to you now is called “I am not Esther”.

Why should you read it? Well I am going to explain to you why. This book is a motivating story inspiring young hearts to strive to achieve the best no matter what the odds are. Being based on a true story makes the realisation dawn on us even faster and brighter because of how brutal the children are being judged under what they look like and who they are. Believing in yourself is a huge factor in this story because with beliefs come dreams.

I strongly believe you should read this novel because it really shows how characters feel in this story and how they react to parts when it comes to bad parts. Why do I believe this? because of the decisions that Fleur beale (The author of the novel) made with her use of words and language features to help build her story on.

The book I have explained to you now fills your mind with pictures that makes every word paint a picture to tell the story. This is why I think you should read my favourite novel.


No comments:

Post a Comment